Let’s Read the Music! (Virtual Class)

Designed and taught by Ms. Clio

What challenge that a young musician must often face….

Reading the Music

“You must first sharpen the tools if you want to do well”

The ability to read the music fluently is like using a carving knife. If the knife is not sharpened, we will not only spend a lot of time cutting, but we are more likely going to destroy the work… just as learning the wrong notes or rhythm in the music.

As a musician, learning a piece of music (that is, playing the right notes, rhythms, and markings on the score) is the part that we spend the least amount of time on. Basically, it only accounts for 10% of the practice session. The remaining 90% are practicing difficult skills that may not be as refined: continuing to experiment with and modify how we perform; solidifying the most musical way to express yourself; and finding the best ways to connect with listeners. We definitely don’t want to spend too much time on counting lines and spaces on the staff, or trying to figure out how to count rhythms.

Let’s Read the Music! course provides interesting interactive activities to help children build the foundation of music theory, easily master all the markings on the score, and enhance their ability to read music!

There are two levels offered:

Still not sure if this is your class? Sign up for a discounted trial class first!

I want to sign up for “Let’s Read the Music!”

  • Paypal to info@vyartists.com
  • Pay online with a credit card here
    (Please contact us regarding any questions!)
  • Pay by a check made out to Vineyard Artists
    mail to: 430 Marrett Rd ste1, Lexington, MA 02421

Refund Policy

Due to limited availability, once you are registered for a class(es), Vineyard Artists will reserve the spot for you.

If after the first class, you are not satisfied, we will give you a full refund of the remaining tuition.
If you are requesting a refund after the second class, you may either transfer to a different class or accept a refund equal to half of the remaining tuition.

Reschedule and Absent Policy

We understand unexpected events happen that can prevent you from attending class. Please contact us 24 hours in advanced to reschedule or keep class the credit. No-shows are considered as giving up the class and will not receive extra class credits or refunded tuition.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!